- 100g unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 150g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g milk chocolate (150g chopped into chunks and 50g melted for drizzling on top)
- 75g peanut butter
- A handful of chopped salted peanuts
1. Heat the oven to 180c/160 fan/gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with baking paper. Using an electric whisk beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg and whisk to combine then beat in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chunks until fully incorporated. Using a wooden spoon swirl the peanut butter through the cookie dough. When no one is looking dip your finger in, we won’t tell!
3. Scoop the dough onto a clean, flat surface and use your choice of cookie cutters to make some funky shapes.
These mini Cactus Cutters are our choice of shape | Was £10 Now £5
4. Gently place your delicious shapes onto the baking tray, leaving plenty of room between each cookie as they'll spread. Bake in the oven for 9-10 mins until they are still soft but melty in the middle. Our mouths are watering just talking about it! They may look a wee bit under-baked at first, but they will harden once cool.
5. Finally, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle a few chopped peanuts and a pinch of flaky sea salt for an extra wee kick.
Ta Da! You’re done. Try serving with a hot mug of tea to dunk them in or reheat to melt the chocolate and serve with ice-cream. Whatever you do, don’t share them!
Make sure to send in pics of your cookie creation.