Reusable Period Day PadsCheeky Wipes
Cheeky Mama Cloth Period Pads with wings - for normal flow
Size: 22cm x 7cm (approx.) suitable for most days of your period, or general incontinence.
Bamboo / Minky: Leakproof Minkee outer, two layers microfibre, inner layer bamboo charcoal microfleece.
- Wash at 20c or 30c, warm washing sets blood stains and can damage your pads. Line dry, reshape whilst damp.
- You can give them a squirt of stain spray and/or add a scoop of stain powder to the wash.
- Do not bleachor fabric softner. Do not tumble dry (I dry my pads overnight on the radiator)
Tips for Wearing:
- Bamboo / Bamboo Charcoal facing upwards - Insert the pad into your knickers with the bamboo or bamboo charcoal face upwards. Close the poppers underneath the gusset of your knickers.
- Tight Pants -Firstly, I usually try to wear fairly tight fitting pants. If you usually keep your old, saggy. baggy pants which have really seen better days for that time of the month, time to invest in some new ones! Tighter pants will help a cloth pad stay in place and avoid slippage. Cotton knickers are best or cotton / lycra mix.
- Turn around if you suffer from slippage - The soft outer Minky fabric has some grip - if it is inserted against the nap of the fabric. If you notice that your pad is slipping, turn it around 180 degrees, front to back.
About Reusable Pads:
The bamboo minky pads are made from charcoal microfleece with a minky outer, being manmade materials, these tend to be a little warmer to wear than the cotton pads but the bamboo minky pads are also slightly thicker and therefore more absorbent than cotton pads, so if your periods are on the heavy side, we'd recommend these pretty pads.
Cheeky Mama Cloth Sanitary Pads are an eco-friendly, healthier, more cost effective alternative to disposable pads. For those new to cloth sanitary pads (csp) the concept can be a little “Ew!” but to be honest using cloth as opposed to disposables is more comfortable. Because they are so much more absorbent, moisture is drawn into the pad, leaving you feeling fresher for longer.
Disposables have to contain lots of nasty toxic chemicals, dioxins and gels to enable them to be absorbent, which can lead to sensitive skin, irritation and thrush. Bamboo however, has a natural antibacterial quality and because it allows your skin to breath, can potentially reduce the risk of yeast infections and discomfort.
Of course it goes without saying that cloth pads will cost a fraction of what you would be spending on disposables each month which just end up sitting in landfill!