Ring Making Class with Vanilla Ink & Jade CairneyQuince & Cook
An evening of ring making with local jeweller Jade Cairney in collab with Vanilla Ink at Quince & Cook.
At this fantastic class you will learn the art of wax carving, a technique used by jewellers to mould, carve and craft pieces of jewellery in a material that is cheap, easily shaped and forgiving. Wax allows makers to be creative and test ideas before committing to metal.
Jade will show you the techniques on how to carve jeweller’s wax into a ring. The wax will then be sent off to cast in silver using the lost wax casting process. The Vanilla Ink team will then finish the ring in their workshop and post them back to the hands that carved them!
The Q&C team will also be on hand with tea, coffee, wine and tasty treats to keep you fuelled whilst you craft your masterpiece.
Attendees will also have the chance to shop the store with 15% off.
- Class Run Time: 5:30pm - 2 Hour Class with extra time to shop and eat
- Experience: This is for complete beginners. It would also suit someone looking to expand their existing jewellery making skills.
- Location: Quince & Cook Shop, Perth
- Class Size: 8 Maximum
- What You Get: You’ll be shown how to sculpt and carve jewellers wax, learn about the casting process, carve a ring ready to be cast in silver and sent out you you to cherish forever. We will also be on hand to keep you topped up in tea, coffee and treats.
- Dates: Friday 5th or Sunday 14th of August
- NOTE: If you need glasses to see things close up, please bring them with you. Making jewellery is fiddly!
Class Cancellation Policy
Cancellation by you:
- Payments for our workshops and classes are generally non-refundable. We liken it to buying a concert or theatre ticket. Most of the work has gone on well ahead of the actual session and we will still have to pay the class provider a per head fee regardless of you attending or not. You are welcome to send someone else in your place instead. Just let us know their contact details. Refunds may be given if we are able to re-sell your place. If you do cancel 21 days or more prior to the event date we can offer a refund onto a gift voucher for the class value.
Cancellation by us:
- In the event of us needing to cancel a class we will give as much notice as possible and will offer you a place on an alternative class.
- If this is not suitable then we will offer you either a full refund or you are welcome to swap the payment for a gift card to spend in the shop/at a later date.
- Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for any other/3rd party costs or expenses you may have incurred in relation to the original booking.