Here's a refreshing favourite of ours for those warm summer days. Super easy to drink and just as easy to make. Wow your friends with this homemade cocktail made with in season rhubarb and mint.
- 1 litre of London dry gin - we recommend Scottish Dry Gin from Heather Rose Spirits
- 6 sticks of fresh rhubarb - Rhubarb is in season now, so if you don't have any in the garden find it at your local grocers.
- 1 orange
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1-litre sparkling apple juice
- Cut the rhubarb into lengths the same as your preserving jar and place long ways into the jar.
- Pour the gin over the rhubarb and close the lid.
- Leave the gin for 2 weeks to infuse the flavour. After infusing for two weeks strain into your preserving bottle and you're ready to go.
- FAST OPTION: If you are in a rush and want to make this gin the next day, put the rhubarb into a saucepan and place on low heat with 50ml of the gin.
- When the fruit starts to soften, remove it from the heat and add the remaining gin.
- Leave to infuse for 1 hour, then pass through a fine sieve.
- Pour the flavoured gin into a preserving bottle and it’s ready to go.
Serve the gin over ice in our beautiful diamond glasses or hobnail tumblers with a small squeeze of fresh orange, a sprig of mint and plenty of sparkling apple juice to create a cocktail that tastes like rhubarb and custard.
We recommended our favourite gin for this recipe, it's a locally distilled gin from our friends at Heather Rose Spirits. A classic dry gin with a citrusy smooth finish. Perfect for this fruity homemade cocktail! Also, if you're a gin fan we you should also try their Heather Rose Gin, we used to make a Heather Rose Drizzle Cake last year and it was AMAZING - you can find that delicious recipe here.