Let's celebrate tennis season with some tasty biscuits, really easy to make and full of fun! Perfect for a summer treat!
Find the products we used to bake these beauties in our cookware department, we have everything from baking trays to piping kits!
- 250g Softened butter
- 125g Icing sugar
- 1 Free range egg yolk
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Matcha powder
- 350g Plain Flour
- 100g Icing sugar
- 1 tsp water
- Beat together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk only as well as the turmeric and matcha powder, if you can’t get matcha use a splash of green food colouring.
- Continue to mix together, then add the flour.
- Use your hands to press the flour into the butter mixture rather than stirring as the less you work the dough the nicer the biscuits will be.
- When it has formed a dough, place in the fridge and leave to rest for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a clean work top and roll out to 1/2cm thick and cut out your biscuits, then place on a non stick baking tray.
- Bake in pre heated oven 160c for 12-14 minutes.
- When ready remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a rolling rack.
- Mix the icing sugar and the water in a bowl until smooth.
- Transfer the icing into a piping bag with a small plain nozzle.
- Pipe the tennis ball pattern onto the biscuits and leave to set.